In this post on how to translate a marriage certificate, we will cover the difference between a marriage license and a marriage certificate, translating it into another language, what the translated document looks like, when to do a translation and when not to, what it costs, what agencies and organizations require a certified copy of the marriage certificate and finish with why private individuals and companies trust Languex to do their translations.
What is the Difference Between a Marriage License and a Marriage Certificate?
Marriage licenses and marriage certificates differ. A local governing authority or religious organization issues a marriage license that permits a couple to be married. Once married, the officiant who executed the wedding ceremony sends the marriage license to the local county office where the event took place. This county agency then issues a marriage certificate attesting the couple was married.
A marriage certificate usually includes the county, date of the ceremony, time of the ceremony, the physical location
of the ceremony, the officiant’s signature, the officiant’s title, and the signature of both parties.
Languex has experience translating marriage certificates issued from countries worldwide.
How to Translate a Marriage Certificate
Languex has a proven process for translating marriage certificates, and it’s quick, easy, safe, and affordable.
- Step 1: Submit a digital copy of the marriage certificate using Languex’s secure online ordering portal.
- Step 2: Languex assigns an experienced project manager and a bilingual translator to your order.
- Step 3: The translation is complete within 24 hours of the order. Languex has a rigid quality control process in place to ensure customers instructions were followed, the translation is word-for-word accurate, and Languex’s standards of excellence were followed.
- Step 4: Customer reviews the translation. Languex offers free revisions.
- Step 5: Once the customer okays the translation, Languex emails a final copy to the client.
Languex can send hard copies using two-day priority mail. Rush Orders are available.
All information is encrypted and stored on secure servers. Customers may request the removal of the data.
When to Do a Marriage Certificate Translation?
Married couples immigrating to the United States or applying for visas into any foreign country need to show proof of their marriage. Couples may also need to show other supporting documents such as birth certificates, divorce decrees, or change of name documents.
What Does it Cost for a Marriage Certificate Translation?
Languex’s translation service is fast, accurate, and affordable. A one-page document of 250 words takes 24 hours to translate. The cost is $24.50 per page.
How Long Does It Take for a Marriage Certificate Translation?
With Languex’s certified marriage certificate translation services, you can expect a 24-hour turnaround for a certified translation of your documents. Once the translation is complete, it’s forwarded to quality assurance to check for errors. You will have a chance to review the document for issues before finalization. Languex offers free revisions until the customer is 100% satisfied.
Bulk business orders may take 3 to 5 business days. Languex works with each client to develop a schedule that suits both parties. Languex also has an expedited service option.
Can Anyone Do a Marriage Certificate Translation?
A software application like Google Translate cannot do the marriage certificate translation; their app is only 85% accurate. A skilled person must translate the documents word-for-word, and Languex has bilingual experts fluent in over 65+ languages.
Does the Marriage Certificate Translation Need Notarization?
Your translated documents must be certified, but they do not necessarily have to be notarized. According to the official rules of the government, a translation of a certified copy does not need notarization.
Why Individuals and Companies Choose Languex
Languex is the premier online marriage certificate translation service. They perform Standard and Certified document translations. Languex is a corporate member of the American Translator Association (ATA). Their service is fast, accurate, and affordable.
If the prime factor you consider when deciding to go with a marriage certificate translation service is guaranteed speed and low cost, you may be disappointed with the results.
- Languex only uses human translators
- All translators are bilingual, fluent in the languages they translate and understand the culture and nuances of the locale
- Languex guarantees prompt on-time delivery
- Languex’s prices are firm with no hidden fees
- Languex offers free revisions and free formatting
- Languex provides a 100% satisfaction guarantee
- Check out the company’s reviews on Trustpilot
- Languex has positive testimonials on its website