In this post, we’ll talk about how to translate a driver’s license, what the translated license looks like, when to translate the permit, what the different state requirements are, what it costs, how long the translation takes, can anyone do the translation, whether the translated license needs notarization, and finish with why private individuals and companies trust Languex to do their translations.
How to Translate a Driver’s License
Languex has a proven process for translating driver’s licenses, and it’s quick, easy, safe, and affordable.
- Step 1: Submit a digital copy of the driver’s license using Languex’s secure online ordering portal.
- Step 2: Languex assigns an experienced project manager and a bilingual translator to your order.
- Step 3: The translation is complete within 24 hours of the order. Languex has a rigid quality control process in place to ensure customers instructions were followed, the translation is word-for-word accurate, and Languex’s standards of excellence were followed.
- Step 4: Customer reviews the translation. Languex offers free revisions.
- Step 5: Once the customer okays the translation, Languex emails a final copy to the client.
Languex can send hard copies using two-day priority mail. Rush Orders are available.
All information is encrypted and stored on secure servers. Customers may request the removal of the data.
When to Do a Driver’s License Translation?
If you plan to drive in a foreign country, you’ll likely need a certified translation of your driver’s license to operate and rent a vehicle legally.
Different states have special requirements for translating a foreign license. Some states do not require translations for a foreign license. The applicant should complete the state requirements for the translation before they drive. This will help avoid rejections and delays at the rental car counter.
What Does it Cost for a Driver’s License Translation?
Languex’s translation service is fast, accurate, and affordable. A one-page document of 250 words takes 24 hours to translate, and the cost is $24.50 per page.
How Long Does It Take for a Driver’s License Translation?
With Languex’s certified driver’s license translation services, you can expect a 24-hour turnaround for a certified translation of your documents. Once the translation is complete, it’s forwarded to quality assurance to check for errors. You will have a chance to review the document for issues before finalization. Languex offers free revisions until the customer is 100% satisfied.
Languex has an expedited service option if you’re in a rush.
Can Anyone Do a Driver’s License Translation?
A software application like Google Translate cannot do the driver’s license translation; their app is only 85% accurate. A skilled person must translate the documents word-for-word, and Languex has bilingual experts fluent in over 65+ languages.
Does the Driver’s License Translation Need Notarization?
Your translated documents must be certified, but they do not necessarily have to be notarized. A driver’s license is also your identification document in the USA, and the DMV (Division of Motor Vehicles) in every state has different requirements. The translations should always be certified; however, some states provide a translator acknowledgment form for the translator to sign. Please review the State Requirements for Translating a Driver’s License above.
Why Individuals and Companies Choose Languex
Languex is the premier online service for the translation of foreign driver’s licenses. They perform Standard and Certified document translations. Languex is a corporate member of the American Translator Association (ATA). Their service is fast, accurate, and affordable.
If your primary focus in choosing a driver’s license translation service is speed and low cost, you may be disappointed by the results.
- Languex only uses human translators
- All translators are bilingual, fluent in the languages they translate and understand the culture and nuances of the locale
- Languex guarantees prompt on-time delivery
- Languex’s prices are firm with no hidden fees
- Languex offers free revisions and free formatting
- Languex provides a 100% satisfaction guarantee
- Check out the company’s reviews on Trustpilot
- Languex has positive testimonials on its website