In this post, we will cover what a certified death certificate is, translating it into another language, what the translated document looks like, when to do a translation and when not to, what it costs, what agencies and organizations require a certified copy of the death certificate and finish with why private individuals and companies trust Languex to do their translations.
What is a Certified Death Certificate?
When a family member passes, most governments worldwide issue the decedent’s estate a death certificate. This document typically comes from some form of a government agency, such as the local government or a certified medical practitioner. The purpose of a death certificate is to note and certify the time, date, location, and cause of death and the general identification information of the deceased person in question.
County vital records offices keep the original document on file. Close family members receive a copy of this document.
Certified death certificates are legal documents printed on forgery-resistant safety paper with watermarks, raised engraving, background security patterns, and a unique certificate identification number.
Languex has experience translating death certificates issued from countries worldwide.
How to Translate a Certified Death Certificate
Languex has a proven process for translating death certificates, and it’s quick, easy, safe, and affordable.
- Step 1: Submit a digital copy of the death certificate using Languex’s secure online ordering portal.
- Step 2: Languex assigns an experienced project manager and a bilingual translator to your order.
- Step 3: The translation is complete within 24 hours of the order. Languex has a rigid quality control process in place to ensure customers instructions were followed, the translation is word-for-word accurate, and Languex’s standards of excellence were followed.
- Step 4: Customer reviews the translation. Languex offers free revisions.
- Step 5: Once the customer okays the translation, Languex emails a final copy to the client.
Languex can send hard copies using two-day priority mail. Rush Orders are available.
All information is encrypted and stored on secure servers. Customers may request the removal of the data.
When to Do a Death Certificate Translation?
Photocopy death certificates for personal use, and people may photocopy these certificates when working on an ancestry project.
When settling the deceased’s estate, a certified translation of the death certificate will often be required. The transfer of assets and property, disbursement of insurance benefits, and arrangements for burial or cremation need a death certificate translation.
What Does it Cost for a Death Certificate Translation?
Languex’s translation service is fast, accurate, and affordable. A one-page document of 250 words takes 24 hours to translate. The cost is $24.50 per page.
How Long Does It Take for a Death Certificate Translation?
With Languex’s certified death certificate translation services, you can expect a 24-hour turnaround for a certified translation of your documents. Once the translation is complete, it’s forwarded to quality assurance to check for errors. You will have a chance to review the document for issues before finalization. Languex offers free revisions until the customer is 100% satisfied.
Bulk business orders may take 3 to 5 business days. Languex works with each client to develop a schedule that suits both parties. Languex also has an expedited service option.
Can Anyone Do a Death Certificate Translation?
A software application like Google Translate cannot do the death certificate translation; their app is only 85% accurate. A skilled person must translate the documents word-for-word. Languex has bilingual experts fluent in over 65+ languages.
Does the Death Certificate Translation Need Notarization?
Your translated documents must be certified, but they do not necessarily have to be notarized. According to the official rules of the government, a translation of a certified copy does not need notarization.
Why Individuals and Companies Choose Languex
Languex is the premier online death certificate translation service. They perform Standard and Certified document translations. Languex is a corporate member of the American Translator Association (ATA). Their service is fast, accurate, and affordable.
If the prime factor you consider when deciding to go with a death certificate translation service is guaranteed speed and low cost, you may be disappointed with the results.
- Languex only uses human translators
- All translators are bilingual, fluent in the languages they translate and understand the culture and nuances of the locale
- Languex guarantees prompt on-time delivery
- Languex’s prices are firm with no hidden fees
- Languex offers free revisions and free formatting
- Languex provides a 100% satisfaction guarantee
- Check out the company’s reviews on Trustpilot
- Languex has positive testimonials on its website