Having a driver’s license is crucial for legal driving in the United States and many other countries worldwide. However, if you are using a license from another country and need to use it for official identification, you may require a translation of the license. This involves converting the license from one language to another with precision, a service often provided by certified translators or professional translation agencies. In this way, you can ensure the accuracy and validity of your identification while navigating life in a new country.
- Translating your driver’s license may be necessary for getting an international driver’s permit, applying for a job overseas, or submitting a foreign license to the DMV.
- Only trust certified translation services to make sure that your license can be used without issue.
- Professional translation agencies, like Languex, provide accurate and certified translations of driver’s licenses quickly and easily.
- The new license should include all relevant information from the original and be a certified translation to ensure it can be accepted by any relevant authorities.
- Languex offers certified translations with a three-step quality control process to ensure error-free results that are delivered within 24 hours.
- Transparent pricing and a focus on customer satisfaction make Languex a reliable choice for driver’s license translations.
Table of Content
- What is What is Driver’s License Translation?
- How to get a driver’s license translation
- How to get an official translation of a driver’s license
- How to translate a driver’s license
- How to translate a foreign driver’s license
- Other things to keep in mind: Frequently Asked Questions
- Final thoughts
What is Driver’s License Translation?
A driver’s license can unlock the ability to drive legally in the United States and other countries. It may also be used to verify your identity for official purposes.
If your license is from another country and you want to use it for formal identification purposes, you might need a driver’s license translation.
The translation of a driver license involves accurately converting it from one language to another, a service typically offered by professional translation agencies or certified translators.
The translation should encompass all pertinent information from the original license, including things like the holder’s:
- Date of birth
- License number
- Issuance date
- Expiration date
- Any additional details or restrictions
There’s a lot to keep in mind if you need a driver’s license translated, but luckily, the Languex team is here to help. In this article, we’ll discuss how to translate your driver’s license for the DMV, along with the associated requirements and costs.
How to Get a Driver’s License Translation
The best way to get a driver’s license translated is by trusting a professional translation agency like Languex.
Ordering with Languex is simple and can be done in just a few minutes:
- Step 1: Submit a digital copy of your driver’s license through our secure, user-friendly online ordering system.
- Step 2: Languex will assign a professional project manager and a bilingual, professional translator to your order. We employ a three-step quality control process to ensure that your certified translation is accurate and complete before sending it over.
- Step 3: Within just 24 hours, you will receive a first draft of your translated driver license for review.
- Step 4: You can review your license for any needed changes. We’re sure our work will be free of errors, but we’ll offer free revisions as necessary until you are 100% satisfied.
- Step 5: Once you have okayed the driving license translation, Languex will email a final copy to you.
All our driver’s license translations come with a free ink-signed and sealed certified translation certificate as per USCIS and international requirements. You can even choose our two-day delivery service to receive an original copy of your ink-signed, stamped driver’s license translation and translation certificate. We’ll also send digital copies to your email for free.
How to Get an Official Translation of Driver’s License
International law states that any driver’s permit drawn up in a language that isn’t the country’s official language(s) must be accompanied by a certified translation. That means that any official translation of your driver’s license will need to be done by a certified professional.
To get a certified document translation of any kind, including for a driver’s license, look no further than Languex.
We strive to offer the best quality translation services at the best prices on the market, and we take extra steps to make sure that your license meets any local laws or other requirements specific to you.
Our official translation services are just $24.50 per page (a page is considered 250 words or less).
Just upload a digital copy of your original document, send it in along with any other details we need to know, and wait for your translated license to arrive. Done.
How to Translate a Driver’s License
You shouldn’t attempt to translate driver license information on your own, at least not if you plan to use it for any official purposes. Instead, count on a reputable translation company like Languex to get the job done right.
Most driving offices will only accept translated documents that are certified by a professional translator to verify their completion and accuracy.
Luckily, Languex is certified by the American Translators Association, and our team is made up of only thoroughly vetted and skilled translation professional translators.
So, your first step if you need to find a top-quality driver’s license translation service is to submit your order to Languex.
From there, we’ll match the best translator for the job to your order. Within 24 hours, you’ll receive a first draft of your translated driving license.
Once you’ve approved your translation, we’ll finalize it and email it to you alongside a certification statement for you to use as needed.
Overall, the main thing you’ll need to do to translate a driver license is let the professionals take care of the hard work for you. Not only does this save you a lot of effort and time, but it also helps you ensure that you won’t run into any issues with your license down the road.
How to Translate a Foreign Driver’s License
Translating a foreign driver license, such as a Mexican driver’s license, is done best by professional translators like the Languex team. You’ll need a qualified translator who is fluent in both the native language and the new language of your driving license translation. Fortunately, when you work with us, we’ll handle finding the best fit for your needs so that you don’t have to.
Our team can work in over 100 languages, so our customers get the translations they need without any extra steps.
Here’s how to order a drivers license translation using Languex’s fast and easy system:
- Upload your driving license as well as any other materials we might need to get the translation done correctly. Make sure your upload is high-quality and clear so our team can read all the text easily.
- Submit your contact and billing information, then place your order.
- Wait for the Languex team to pair a translator with your license. You will receive a first draft in just 24 hours.
- Review your translated license for any errors or areas of concern.
- Request free revisions as necessary.
- Approve your translation so Languex can finalize it.
- Receive digital copies of your license via email or request hard copies if you need them.
No matter the language, Languex is here to assist you. We want you to feel assured that your translation is only in the best hands.
We instantly encrypt all materials as soon as they’re uploaded to our site to protect your privacy and minimize any security risk that might come with getting your translation.
We know that handling official or legal documents like these can be stressful. Don’t worry – we’ve got you covered, always.
Frequently Asked Questions About Driver’s License Translation
Want to learn more about what it takes to get a driver license translation? Check out these additional details.
When should I translate a driving license?
There are four main cases when you might need to get your driving license translated:
- You have a U.S. license and want to drive in another country. The law varies from state to state, but typically, you can use your foreign license for the length of a visitor’s visa or up to a year. After that, if you are eligible, you may need to apply for a local U.S. license, at which point you should have a translation on file of your original license as it may help facilitate the process. Again depending on the state you’ll be residing in, you might need to get an International Driving Permit before coming to the U.S. to ensure that you can drive legally for the length of your stay.
- You’re looking for a job abroad that requires a driver’s license.
- You own a foreign license that must be submitted to the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV).
- You plan on using your license as an official form of ID.
In all these situations, the aim of translating your license is to be able to drive (or show you can) in a country different from where your license was issued. With a translation, you can also minimize your chance of running into issues with people not recognizing the validity of the document.
In the U.S., driving is often the main way to get around, so having a valid license is vital.
Plus, new federal requirements in the United States require a specific type of driver’s license known as a REAL ID. These licenses are needed for official purposes like accessing federal facilities and boarding any federally-regulated commercial aircraft.
That means you’ll need an accurate translation of a license to do much more than just drive. If you’re going to live in another country or travel, it’s likely you’ll want to have a translation of your license on hand.
How long does Languex take to translate a driver’s license?
Languex can produce a driver’s license translation for official purposes within just 24 hours of ordering. We guarantee our translated documents will be accepted by USCIS or any other official organization that you need to work with.
Do you offer certified translations for driver’s licenses?
Yes, Languex does offer certified drivers license translations in over 100 languages. We can also provide a notarized translation of your license should you need one.
Our team understands that a driving license is a very important document that requires a careful, detail-oriented touch.
That’s why we employ only the best translators and use a three-step quality control process to ensure our translation services are error-free.
Trust Languex For Fast, Reliable Driver’s License Translations
At Languex, we take pride in our status as a certified, official agency offering translations for all kinds of documents and uses.
Our transparent pricing model outranks the rest and features no hidden fees or surprise charges, because our priority is always getting you the best translations without breaking the bank.
Our tens of thousands of positive reviews on Trustpilot show that our customers love the Languex difference, and we know you will, too.
Contact us today to learn more about our translation services, or place your order for a fast, accurate driver’s license translation that’s better than the rest.